Wine Tasting in Napa

One would think that living in Napa I would go wine tasting a lot more than I actually do. It's actually a pretty rare event for me to go to wineries on my off time. Yes I go sometimes for work, but on the weekends I stay home, go to the gym and otherwise avoid leaving home. That said, when friends are in town, I take the opportunity to visit new places, head to my favorites, and check out some of the ones that I help send our guests to. With friends in town I headed to Clos du Val, Robert Baile, Luna, Silver Oak (and toured with the winemaker as part of the Napa Valley Vintners "morning in the winery" program), Stag's Leap Wine Cellars, Bourassa, Jessup Cellars, Peju and Delectus. All were fabulous (although I'm partial to ones that include cheese ... so if you're in Yountville ... Jessup is a great tasting ... with a few days advance reservation Bourassa also does a food pairing). I also don't normally go out to eat alone, so this was a good opportunity to go to Soda Canyon, Southside Cafe, Gott's Roadside, Foodshed, Dean and DeLuca, and the Napa General Store.
Wine and food pictures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends