Mother's Day, Wine, Bradley Lodge and Sacramento


It's been another couple weeks full of wine, food ... and something new ... I actually left Napa a few times. We had a fabulous weekend of events for Mother's Day with Veuve Clicquot including a brunch (complete with cookies). I tried out a new restaurant at the River Terrace Inn, Alba, that was really good, hopefully I'll be back with friends in the future, maybe for Taco Tuesday, I was there on Meatloaf Monday. There was also a little bit of wine tasting with a friend that makes his own wine with friends. There was also a meeting at JAM Cellars (think Butter Chardonnay), a drive up to Calistoga to see the Napa Valley's version of Old Faithful, a 1 mile run in record time, and fish tacos.

There were also a couple trips out of the Napa Valley. I headed to the Bradley Lodge where we raked and burned pine needles, but also had some fun. We hiked around Boards Crossing, walked into Big Trees State Park, went to a craft fair ... and had milkshakes at Giant Burger. Beyond the Lodge, I also headed to Sacramento for a dentist appointment, which gave me some time to hang at my parents house and with friends too. We did a wine tasting with my trial kit from Tasting Room (a really cool online wine club), walked around the Golden 1 Center and downtown Sacramento after a trip to IKEA and breakfast at the Iron Grill, and I got in a run along the Sacramento River before church at Bayside and dinner at Red Robin. I may have also had the opportunity to go to a North Face demo sale ... North Face plastic wine glasses and a couple new jackets are now mine.
See all the pictures here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends