A Central Coast Visit

What do you do when you have two free nights at a hotel that need used? Well you go on a vacation of course. I had two free nights that needed to be used by the end of the month at Best Western, so Jen and I took a quick trip to San Luis Obispo and Pismo Beach to use up my free nights and it gave me an opportunity to visit an area that I really have not been back to since graduating from college, other than a few days for work. We stayed at the Best Western Shore Cliff Lodge in Pismo Beach. It was amazing and every room has an ocean view, always a plus. After arriving on Thursday afternoon we got gas at the brand new Costco, shopped at Old Navy (both were not around when I was in college) and I had a phone interview with another company. Then I went to met with my financial adviser, William Henry Crew III, who took both Jen and I out to a great restaurant in San Luis Obispo called NOVO. After dinner, Jen and I enjoyed enjoyed San Luis Obispo's "Farmer's Market" and finally headed to our hotel in Pismo Beach.

Friday was a busy day of sight-seeing along the coast. We started off by walking through Pismo Beach and out on the pier, then headed up the coast to Avila Beach and Morro Bay, taking in the sights, walking along the beaches, watching people surf, looking at some great shops and of course ate some fabulous food while looking out at the Morro Bay harbor and watching the seals and boats go by. After visiting the coastal cities, we headed back to downtown San Luis Obispo via Montana de Oro State Park for some shopping and right when it started to rain we ran into the movie theater to watch Valentine's Day, while waiting for our stomachs to be hungry again. After the movie we walked down a few streets to Firestone's Grill for some amazing Tri-tip sandwiches and fries. Eventually we ended up back at our hotel and relaxed in the hot tub before heading to 7-Eleven for some Slurpee's (a college tradition of mine).

Saturday we drove around Cal Poly, which has done some pretty impressive renovations since I graduated, including an entirely new student housing complex, new buildings, a new football stadium and they are now working on revamping the student union and recreation center. It was a lot of driving, but well worth the trip ... I think this weekend some relaxing is in store, I have done something almost every weekend since mid-December.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends