An Oregon Wedding

My parent's and I flew up to Oregon on Saturday to attend my cousin's wedding near Portland, Oregon.  As we flew via Southwest, I had a funny thing come to mind, despite all of the planes I have flown on I don't think I have every flown north.  I have always driven to Oregon, Washington and Canadahttp://www.hellobc.com/.  Anyway, it was great to finally make a flight to the north, not the south, east or west as I am so used to.  When we arrived in Portland I was in awe by how nice their airport was and I later read that is one of the top airports in traveler satisfaction, hopefully when the new terminal opens up in Sacramento sometime next year travelers will say the same thing about ours.

Our hotel was great, even had a Baja Fresh nearby where we ate lunch.  Then it was off to the wedding/reception at the beautiful home of the groom's parents.  The property was beautifully landscaped (check out the pictures below) and even had lake behind it. The wedding was gorgeous, the bride's dress beautiful and white, the bridesmaids dresses looked like they could wear them again for any formal event, the groomsman's rental suits were nicely pressed and everyone seemed to have a great time thanks to the great party planning skills of the bride and a good local caterer who provided a great meal.  One of the highlights, no rain, it rained Friday and Sunday, but luckily not on Saturday, allowing us all to enjoy the sunshine and the party.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends