Catching Up - Earthquake, Soccer and Camp Out

I haven't been home much over the last few weeks, but it has been fun. I started out with a cooking segment on Fox40 to promote a winemaker dinner with Grgich Hills Estate at The Meritage. Went to Orange County for a few days and got to see all of the hotels that PHG operates in the area, including a construction site in Huntington Beach that will soon be the Pasea. Once back in Napa I enjoyed meeting with Mike Grgich and a fantastic multicourse dinner in the Estate Cave.

Then there were trips to Bayside, a bike ride in Folsom around Lake Natoma, dinner at Trademark Pizza, a 30th birthday party, lots of meals with friends ... and the unexpected, an earthquake in Napa. As soon as I heard about the earthquake I headed to The Meritage, even doing a radio interview with KGO-AM on my way. Although there was not major damage at The Meritage, I and the other staff were busy the day of the quake and for the week after reassuring future guests that they could keep their travel plans. Beyond the earthquake, it was fun to meet with former colleagues during the DoNapa Culinary Crawl in Downtown Napa and to learn about digital photography when cloud cover forced us to cancel our stargazing experience.

Back in Sacramento Camp Bradley welcomed 34 guests on Labor Day Weekend, my dad and I went to a few soccer games to watch the playoff (and hopefully MLS) bound Sacramento Republic FC play at Bonney Field, dinner with family friends, helping River Life Covenant Church get ready for new Sunday School classes, dinner at California Pizza Kitchen, and much more.
Photos for those with iPads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends