Toronto, River Cats, and Soccer

I did a lot in eight days. I flew to Toronto for an event with Visit California. While in Toronto I explored the city as quickly as possible using the TTC (subway and buses) and the Toronto City Pass, plus a hop-on, hop-off bus tour to get some more history and facts about the city. In the span of less than three days I crisscrossed the city and saw Casa Loma, the Royal Ontario Museum, the Ontario Science Center, the Toronto Zoo, St. Lawrence Market, CN Tower, went out on Lake Ontario, walked China town, went to a Toronto Blue Jays game (they beat the Yankees), plus got lots of work done, and had a great time meeting the Canadian media at the Visit California media event. For food, I tried to eat healthy with a variety of salads and fruits, but I also had to taste a few Toronto favorites, including a Peameal Bacon sandwich and poutine.

Once back in the USA, my parents and I were able to go see Hunter Pence from the San Francisco Giants play with the Sacramento River Cats as he rehabs after an injury, we celebrated Mother's Day in Lodi with some wine tasting (Michael David Winery and Oak Farm Vineyards) and great food at my grandma's house, and my dad and I saw the Sacramento Republic FC beat the Seattle Sounds FC 2.
Photos for those with iPads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends