Nephew Sitting

I was never one to babysit neighbors' children, not because I did not want to or turned people down, but because I was already among the youngest on the block, so the opportunity never presented itself. Last night I had the opportunity to hang out with my nephew and for the first time it was without his grandma, grandpa or parents in attendance.  It was only for a few hours, but we had a great time.  We went on a walk around the neighborhood, he especially enjoyed walking through the water in the gutters from a neighbor washing his car and picking up a stick and hitting piles of yard waste.  After our walk we played with his trains, cars and a new set of foam blocks that his grandparents got for him at Costco (well in all honesty, I built large towers of blocks and he crashed anything and everything into them). After a dinner of Mickey Mouse themed mac & cheese, chicken and applesauce he decided it was time to watch most of A Bugs Life and about 10 minutes of Jungle Book before heading back to his roots, demolishing foam block towers and derailing every train car in sight.  All in all, my four hours of "nephew sitting" was a huge success.

Comments

nat said…
I didn't know you babysat....what a great uncle you are!! Luke is so lucky to have family close by. Before you know it Luke will be wanting to go skiing and go to the gym with you =)
nat said…
I love it! i didn't know you babysat. Luke must have LOVED every minute. too cute.

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends