From Facebook to 1965

It was a week of paradoxes and lots of fun. First I attended the "Facebook for the Floundering" event on Wednesday (see previous post). On Friday night (or Saturday morning, depending on how you look at it), I watched the 1988 movie Beetlejuice presented by Mystic Cinema, a group that is showing classic movies at Roseville's historic Tower Theater.  Then on Saturday night I attended "Poor Boys Midnight Mass" at the Placer County Fairgrounds.  It was definitely a crowd that I am not used to hanging out with, but it was really cool to see tons of old cars from 1965 or before.  Some of the cars included the first dragster to go over 200 mph in Sacramento (the "Vagabond"), a few that reminded me of characters from Cars, the "FLUMNGO" (complete with pink plastic flamingos), a Studebaker, lots with painted flames and a few even got their kids into the action with low-rider wagons. So in four days I went from 2010 to 1988 to 1965 (and earlier).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends