Flavor!, Wine Tasting, Running, Easter, Giants Game
1. Flavor! Napa Valley at CIA at COPIA and CIA in St. Helena
2. Lots of running ... (and eating ... and making cookies) ... and I created a running map for guests at work.
3. Watching hot air balloons fly and land never gets old, it is truly one of the best parts about mornings in the Napa Valley.
4. Cooking ... I did make cookies, but also Tater-Tot Casserole from my childhood ... and maybe a few too many stops at Baskin Robbins and Ben & Jerry's.
5. Candy ... tried a new Chocolatier in the Napa ... (La Forêt Chocolate)
6. Wine Tasting ... Kieu Hoang, Trefethen, Duckhorn ... my credit card bill has been higher since moving to Napa. Also a few wines at a art show for Tim Howe Studios.
7. Beer ... it's not just about wine in Napa, we have beer too and I've been to Fieldwork a few too many times.
8. Read my friends book and you should too. The Magic of Motherhood.
9. Conference ... some meetings do involve food and I had the opportunity to attend a conference at the Upper Valley Campus of Napa Valley College where we got to try food prepared by students and even try their wine.
10. New Food ... Crush Lounge launched a new menu, I've enjoyed some of the items a few times with media, bloggers and co-workers. My favorite ... S'mores Bar, so good.
11. Easter ... celebrated the day before with family in Lodi and with 400+ of my closest friends in Napa.
12. Oops ... was running and fell. My hand and knee didn't look so good, but are pretty much all healed now.
13. Lunch ... had the opportunity to enjoy an industry tasting of lunch at Signorello Estate, tour was great, food and wine pairing with lunch was fantastic.
14. Sonoma ... headed to Sonoma for an evening event at Viansa. The views from the tasting room/winery are spectacular.
15. Giants ... spent a beautiful evening at AT&T Park watching the Giants win with my brother.
16. Afternoon in the Vineyards ... a few times a year the Napa Valley Vintners host events for the community. This time I visited the vineyards of Faust and Black Stallion, hearing from vineyard managers and winemakers about what makes their wines and the wines of the Napa Valley so special.
See all the pictures here.