Fires, Wine and Adventures

I've honest been overwhelmed over the last few weeks and months. It started our peacefully with a trip to my grandma's house and lunch at Pietro's in Lodi. Then it all changed with the fires in Napa and Sonoma County. I went to sleep on a windy night and awoke to smoke filled skies. I worked 18 hours most days, 23 hours on one day, but it was an honor to work for a hotel that did so much to help the community that we call home. It was an amazing experience to be able to serve our community and provide them a little slice of peace during an extremely difficult time.

There were also wine tasting adventures and a birthday celebration that kept on going. It started with a quick trip to Orange County for meetings, then a locals tasting at Freemark Abbey, with quick stops at both Beringer and V. Sattui just to look around.  A FAM Tour with Hotels.com, we tasted at Trinitas, ran through Carneros and enjoyed an intimate dinner for 5 in our Estate Cave. The Napa Valley Film Festival provided an excellent weekend of entertainment and libations, followed by a birthday trip on the Napa Valley Wine Train with stops at St. Supery, Beringer and Raymond. Next up I was off to cooking school with co-workers as we prepared our own dinner at Silverado Cooking School.

Then there was a "surprise" office birthday celebration and potluck ... the cake and all the dishes prepared with very tasty. I had a few friends come to town for a weekend of wine tasting as we explored parts of the Napa Valley that I hadn't been to before ... Kuleto, Rombauer, Robert Sinskey and a sunset tasting at Davis Estate. With stops the next day at Chandon and the Fremont Diner.

Visit California provided perhaps the best last minute invite of the month, asking if I would join them for the Grateful Table event, happening on the Napa-Sonoma county line and supporting fire relief efforts. The table was set for 500, the wine, the food and the beautiful scenery did not disappoint.

Next up, I headed up to the mountains to celebrate Thanksgiving at the Bradley Lodge. I brought the wine, my mom and grandma did the cooking and it was a great weekend away. The unseasonably warm weather did have a benefit ... I could run and found my way to the North Grove Trail at Big Trees State Park where I saw the Pioneer Cabin Tree that had fallen last winter for the first time. Back in Napa I decorated my house for Christmas, before heading back to Sacramento for wine tastings at Bogle, Oak Farm Vineyards and Jeremy Wine Co, a Lincoln Brewster concert and beautiful morning runs along the Sacramento River. We also headed to Old Sacramento to see the Theater of Lights and had dinner at Ten 22.

I finished up the whirlwind with a tour of our new construction project, a yoga photo shoot, a sip and paint experience (and photo shoot), a party at our spa for the community, a hot air balloon trip high above the Napa Valley, two holiday parties for work (including one at the new Archer), a dinner at Charlie Palmer Steakhouse, a cocktail class featuring Hennessy, a night run through downtown Napa to see the Napa Lighted Art Festival, and a lunch at Castello di Amorosa.

There are many more adventures to be had, I'm looking forward to finishing up 2017 and starting 2018 soon.

See all the pictures here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends