Wine, Running, Food, and Snow


The last part of 2019 was nearly a blur. I finished the year by running through a lot of neighborhoods (two of my running friends ran every street in Napa, I ran about half of them). My total runs for the year, added up to 2,500 miles. There were also many opportunities to enjoy some great wines in Clarksburg, Lodi, and Napa. I even joined a couple more wine clubs, including Scribner Bend and Fontenella, plus a mail-order wine club with NakedWines.

Beyond that ... there were runs in San Francisco (Bridge to Bridge 12K), volunteering for the VineRUNNER Beer 5K, a couple of runs along the coast and through the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Ice cream at Marianne's in Santa Cruz, a few massive power outages thanks for wildfire concerns, and a very spooky neighborhood Halloween Party. I was also able to make it to a few of my favorite annual events including Blues, Brews, and BBQ, the Main Street Car Reunion, while also getting to the Napa Valley Model Train Museum for the first time. There was more wine with neighbors at Beringer and Provenance, a Cal Poly Alumni event in the middle of a Napa Valley vineyard near my house, a pizza with nearly every topping from MOD Pizza, and a shrimp boil with neighbors who wanted to try out an Instant Pot recipe. Christmas and Thanksgiving were enjoyed at the Bradley Lodge with family, plus I made a few of my favorite desserts for a running cookie exchange, neighbors, and co-workers.

It's been a fun couple of months and I'm looking forward to a fabulous 2020.

See all the pictures here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends