Siena at The Meritage Resort and Spa

My job is full of contrasts, but I like both ends of the spectrum (sometimes it's the times in the middle that are the most difficult). Two weeks ago I was waking up at three in the morning and working until midnight. Last night I had a client meeting at The Meritage Resort and Spa in Napa and ate a fabulous dinner at Siena, the resort's signature restaurant. Our meal at the Chef's table was served family style and everything tasted amazing.

We started with a Caesar Fondue (salad) and a large platter of Caprese.
 That was followed by minestrone soup.

Then pene pasta with three difference sauces and meatballs that were larger than baseballs.

After that they brought out lots of salmon and a chicken.

Since I was already incredibly full, I had to polish it off with a dessert trio. The trio included flourless chocolate cake, tiramisu and something cool with fruit. Since it couldn't just be a trio, we also had Spingies (Sicilian style donuts) and a chocolate plate.
I was too busy eating to turn the flash on and I actually missed taking pictures of a few dishes. I also neglected to take pictures of the Trinitas Cellars wine we were served.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends