30th Birthday Week

I normally don't celebrate my birthdays, it's pretty much just one day older than I was the day before in my book, but this year was a little different, mainly by accident. It started off on Sunday with cake at my brother's house, then continued on Monday with dinner at Chevys (they send a free entree coupon for your birthday), followed by dessert at Bayside's Vision Nights.

Tuesday (my official birthday) was full of fun as well, one of my co-workers brought in donuts (my favorite) and balloons, then we headed to lunch/happy hour at Tahoe Joe's. I wrapped up the night with friends at Lucille's BBQ and saw Skyfall.

The fun continued on Wednesday as I headed to Napa and The Meritage Resort and Spa. I had lunch with my client, then headed out on the Napa River for a kayaking adventure that will be part of an upcoming video on DoNapa.com, we finished the filming in the vineyards behind The Meritage Resort and at the Grape Crusher Statue. The next stop of the night was the kick off event for Flavor! Napa Valley, where I ate some great food from Napa restaurants and even saw Iron Chef Morimoto who has a restaurant along the Riverfront in Downtown Napa. I wrapped up the night at Crush Ultra Lounge with some friends and tried the new french fries (new menu comes out next week, all my favorites are still there, plus they're adding dessert).

Thursday I woke up early for a TV shoot of pilot episode of Lost in the World. We started in Spa Terra, then continued to the pool, the Presidential Suite and the lobby. It was a full day of filming, but it turned out great and I can't wait to see how the episode turns out in a few months. After filming I couldn't leave (too much traffic), so I finished up my celebrations with a dinner at Siena, the Mediterranean Salad (in honor of my recent trip to the region) with chicken and my favorite dessert ever, the budino (flour-less chocolate cake). If you ever wondered how Siena got his name, watch this video and read this article from ESPN that aired a few weeks ago.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends