A Week of Wine and Food

It's a good thing I wasn't on a diet this week (and that I went to the gym everyday). Monday I made my semi-famous Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies for an office potluck we were having on Tuesday. At the potluck I filled up my plate with everything from pizza to desserts.

Thursday I was involved in a Fresh & Easy wine tasting through Twitter (#FreshandEasyWine). The three bottles of wine, along with the antipasto tray we came up with when we pooled our two gift cards were all great.

On Friday a friend and I met for Chinese food, before coming back to my house with four mini-desserts from Bel Air. We shared the desserts and wine with my roommates while hanging out and getting a chance to talk, a good thing since I hadn't seen her since before my cruise in October.
 
I was able to get out for a 6.5 mile run on Saturday, it was fantastic to do some serious exercise in light of all the food I had already eaten. After the run I called my parents who invited me to dinner. We decided on Seasons 52, a new restaurant at Arden Fair Mall that changes its menu four times a year and has weekly specials. All of the food was amazing and each plate was under 475 calories, so I felt that it was pretty healthy too. We started off by sharing a Greek Flat Bread, then I had Cedar Plank Salmon as my main course and we finished up with mini-indulgences. Everyone at our table got one, but I couldn't make a decision between two of them, so I ended up with two (they were tiny and only $2.50 each, so that was okay, right?). I cannot wait to go back as the menu changes throughout the year, the service was great, the food was tasty and I really liked the entire concept and feel of the restaurant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends