Cultural

A few weeks ago I was driving back to my office after a meeting and noticed a sign that said "Happy Hour." It's not secret I like happy hour, so I Google'd the restaurant and found out it served Peruvian food. Later that week a friend who is also a reporter for the Roseville Press Tribune was at the restaurant to write a review and I was emailing his co-worker. We set up a lunch meeting for this week and we both got to have Peruvian food for the first time. I had the Causa Limena (chicken salad and potatoes), it was excellent and I cannot wait to go back and try other items on the menu.

Over the weekend I headed to the Apologetics Conference at Bayside. Although I may not be able able remember everything the speakers said, it is always great to remember that I have a faith that can be tested and has so much historical evidence in support of many of its claims. Lee Strobel, JP Moreland and the others were all phenomenal and I'm looking forward to the next conference in October 2014. The conference was also another good excuse for me to use my portable battery charger for my iPhone, so nice to use my phone without worrying about it running out of battery for the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends