Mother's Day at Camp Bradley

Mother's Day Weekend started out for me Saturday morning, although it wasn't with my mom. My roommate and I went to the Original Pancake House for breakfast. It was my first time there and wow, we had a 30 minute wait and it was worth it, my bacon pancakes were very good. They also gave us each $5 coupons to come in the next day with our moms, we didn't go again, but it was a thoughtful gesture.

After a very filling breakfast I headed to my parents house (Camp Bradley). As we were watching the Giants beat the Atlanta Braves, we were also discussing the fact that I had never been to one of their favorite local restaurants, Pocket Bistro. We fixed that quickly, with a trip to the restaurant for happy hour where we enjoyed beef satay, calamari, garlic fries and a few adult beverages. I'll have to go back for some of their other specials (Prime Rib preferably).

When my brother and his family arrived later on Saturday evening we enjoyed fajitas and I got to spend some time with my nephews and niece. Sunday we were outside enjoying to beautiful weather. We started off with a walk along the Sacramento River, then the crazy people (my brother and nephew) jumped in the pool, while the rest of us stayed dry with games and TV on the deck (yes the AT&T U-verse box really is wireless like the commercial shows), more food, a few beverages (extra large margaritas), some dominoes and another fantastic dinner, pasta with fresh vegetables and salmon. It was the perfect way to spend Mother's Day Weekend, with family and food.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends