PB&J Milkshake and Pizza

I was doing so well with actually cooking a few meals until I got an advertisement for Texas BBQ Pizza from Pizza Guys. On my way home after going to the gym and grocery shopping (a little ironic), I stopped at Pizza Guys to buy the BBQ Pizza. It was great, complete with BBQ Sauce, Chicken, Bacon, Onions and Cheese.

On Saturday I was finally able to try the Peanut Butter & Jelly milkshake from Smashburger and use a Groupon that I purchased. The milkshake uses Nutter Butter cookies and strawberry syrup to create the flavor ... delicious is about all I can say. I paired it with a Truffle Mushroom Swiss Chicken Sandwich (I added lettuce and tomatoes to make it a little healthier) and SmashFries (fries tossed with rosemary, olive oil and garlic).

The plan after that was to head to the airport and pick up my parents, but their flight was delayed by a day (in their favor, they got to visit my aunt in Dallas for the night). I still ended up going to their house, but brought with me the the Thai Chicken DeLite pizza from Papa Murphy's ... a little spicy, but tasty ... and went to the brand new Grocery Outlet to pick up some bananas (yes I do eat fruit for breakfast at least).

After picking up my parents on Sunday, it was time to prepare for guests at their house (because everyone who leaves home for a week can host a group of nine within four hours of arriving home, right?). I had purchased an additional four Papa Murphy's pizzas and we were all set for a fun night with friends and food. Luckily I found out today that October is National Pizza Month!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends