New Rooms, New Computer, New Friends, New Events

There's nothing wrong with old, but this week has been a week of "new." I started off by going to my favorite Napa resort ... The Meritage Resort and Spa for meetings and to meet with some reporters who haven't been to the property in awhile. They were able to see the new Vineyard Deck and take a look at what the rooms in the main building will look like in a few months as they are all being upgraded. Continuing with the new, we ate lunch at Siena Restaurant where their newest chef prepared a special menu for us including scallops, lamb chops and a dessert medley (to share). For dinner I went to Angéle on Napa's Riverfront for a rustic, yet gourmet French dining experience.

The next morning I woke up and worked for a few hours when my laptop screen decided to go black. I tried a few fixes, but nothing worked, so I took it to Office Depot, where after a few hours of resting they were able to get it to work just fine. I took it back and it went off again though ... so I made up my mind that I needed a backup laptop. Although my main/old laptop decided to work again (and I've been using it for the past three days without issue), the new laptop will be used for traveling (it's smaller and lighter), plus gives me peace of mind that I have a backup if something does go wrong. The shopping experience for a new laptop, much like a new car, is a pain. I went to seven stores (Sam's Club, Walmart, Costco, Best Buy, Target, RC Willey and Fry's Electronics) and two hours later, was a little poorer, but walked away with a new computer.

I wrapped up the new by heading to Downtown Roseville to check out their Food Truck Round-Up, new Town Square and to attend the Placer Business Tweetup and AMA Sacramento mixer at Sammy's Rockin' Island Bar & Grill.

Tonight I'm going to the Jason Gray, Laura Story, Steven Curtis Chapman Concert at Bayside. Tomorrow I'm heading back to Napa for Brew Fest at The Meritage Resort and Spa, then back to Bayside for church and a screening of "The Pink Room."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends