Cooking at Fox40, Sac Republic Wins First Home Game!

Another week of fun, eating and working complete ... I started off by joining my parents at their "End of the Month" dinner group ... we had to stop at Target first for a few items and we found Chips Ahoy's newest (to us) flavor combo ... Root Beer Float ... an interesting combo for a cookie and it really did taste like a root beer float. For dinner we had a great lasagna with salad and then on Monday I was off to Fox40 for a cooking segment with Chef Krisztian Karkus from The Meritage Resort and Spa to promote Taste of Summer on May 10. He showed viewers how to make "Seared Black Cod with Green Asparagus and Riesling Sabayon" ... since I was able to take home the leftovers, I can truly say that it was very tasty.

Later in the week I got Lady Antebellum tickets in the mail ... my mom, sister-in-law and brother will be watching the concert at Ironstone Vineyards in Murphys next month. It's part of my mom's Birthday/Mothers Day gift and its a band that the Georgia side of my family knows well (they were at a concert in Augusta last week. There was also some excitement at my house with Roseville Fire and AMR showed up in my neighborhood, luckily everyone is doing well.

On Saturday I went with a friend and my parents to the Sacramento Republic FC's second home game. With over 17,000 in attendance it again broke records and had more fans in attendance than a few MLS games, plus they WON!! A great first home win for the team and hopefully the first of many more to come. I finished the week at Bayside as the Unleashing Hope series continues and I signed up for Serve Day on May 17.
Link to photos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends