Photos, Food and Mother's Day at The Meritage Resort and Spa

My last meals at home were relatively healthy with mixed vegetables and chicken, plus a Skippy Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter inspired banana quesadilla. Then I was off to KCRA for a cooking segment with the Executive Chef from The Meritage Resort and Spa. He prepared Rosemary Grilled Lamb Chop with Green Pea Salad and Feta, let's just say the anchor and rest of the staff didn't leave any leftovers. On Friday night my mom cooked up some yummy salmon and on Saturday I was off to Napa to pour wine at our Second Annual First Blush "Taste of Summer" event. They trusted me to pour six different wines from the Napa Valley and Livermore area, everyone that came to my table enjoyed the wine, food and event.

After the event I headed to Crush Ultra Lounge to start my quest of trying items from the new menu. I enjoyed the de-constructed Chicken Club with a beer flight. It was a new take on the sandwich and one I will definitely have to have again in the future. On Sunday morning my mom and Grandma arrived to celebrate Mother's Day "Napa Style." I took them to brunch on the Vineyard Terrace at The Meritage Resort, before we headed to Downtown Napa, the Napa Riverfront and Oxbow Public Market to see a few of the areas non-winery attractions and offerings. When we got back to The Meritage we hung out by the pool, tasted wine in the Estate Cave at Trinitas Cellars and I took my mom up to see the views from the Vineyard Deck. Although we weren't hungry (brunch was huge), we headed to Siena for dinner and we all chose fish (swordfish, Thai sea-bass and halibut).

On Monday, my mom and grandma headed back home, while I stayed at the resort to help with a photo shoot of the newly renovated rooms. In two days we went into seven of the new rooms so everyone can see how spectacular they are, from a standard double queen to Executive and Bella Suites. Beyond the photos I was able to eat a couple more items at Crush Ultra Lounge ... the Fish and Chips for lunch, the steak with fries for dinner and then a Buffalo Chicken Pizza for my drive home, another must have item, although everything I have tried so far has been very good.
Link to photos for those with iPads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends