The Holidays


With a few trips to Napa, spending time in Lodi for Christmas, and making time for friends, the last few weeks have been great for family, friends, food, wine and photos. I started by helping film a pilot episode for a new show in Napa and I even got to see  the new dog beds I ordered (dogs can now sleep in style at The Meritage). For our Christmas potluck at work I made peanut butter cookies with a caramel center and then I was off to Lodi for Christmas. We dined on some fantastic foods, while I provided some Napa Valley wines.

After Christmas, I was able to hang out with some friends as we went to Global Winter Wonderland at Cal Expo to tour some of the globes most famous sites re-created in lights. After walking around the world, we headed to Burgers and Brew before heading to Elk Grove to look at three houses that go all out when it comes to putting up Christmas lights.

For New Year's Eve I headed back to Napa after cooking up brownies in a waffle iron (very good fresh, not so good the day after ... lesson = eat them all quick). My NYE started out with a few fish tacos with reporters before a balloon drop in the ballroom with lots of people eager to welcome in 2015. I woke up in 2015 with a view of vineyards and the Grape Crusher Statue, then after walking through the vineyards headed to Yountville for lunch at R+D Kitchen with friends (deviled eggs, kale salad and an ahi burger). Then we walked past The French Laundry and to V. Sattui to look around.

Once back in Roseville my friends came back and we had some wine, while enjoying Bacon, Bacon, Bacon pizza from Papa Murphy's and some salad.
Photos for those with iPads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends