Road Trip

My 11-day road trip ended this morning and on final count, I stopped in at least 24 cities across two states and drove 2,000 miles (about the same as driving from Sacramento, CA to Chicago, IL) in my Hertz Prius. In addition to the 19 cities I knew I was visiting or had already visited (see last post), I ended up making stops in Clearlake's Lucerne (Fosters Freeze, yummy), Arcata for some gas, Grants Pass and Ashland in Oregon (who knew it would be quicker to drive 100+ miles out of my way into Oregon to get back to Roseville), walked across the Sundial Bridge in Redding and finally slept in Corning (although only 130 or so miles from home, I was way too tired to keep driving).

It was a great trip through some beautiful parts of California and although I didn't make a lot of stops, I saw the entrances for lots of state parks, the Trees of Mystery, saw some of the most beautiful redwood forests while driving along Highway 101, the "Redwood Highway," and Highway 199 and drove by Mt. Shasta, all before coming home to Roseville.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends