An Expensive Water Bottle

We live in a nation of discounts, deals, specials, coupons, Groupon and more.  We shop at discount and big box stores. We look online to see if there is a better price.  But what about making a difference?  Are we willing to spend a little bit to help someone?  Are we willing to make a difference? Are we willing to change a life?

I got my World Vision Gift Catalog a few weeks ago, I wasn't going to buy anything, money has been tight this year, but then I looked.  I realized that despite money being tight by my standards, I have more than most.  I have water to drink, food to eat, a job to go to, a bed to sleep in.  So I decided to buy the most expensive water bottle and coffee mug of my life.  At $70 each, I know I could have gotten a cheaper one almost anywhere, but no where else can my purchase go to make such a difference.

So what gifts will you give this holiday season? Will your gifts make a difference or will they just end up in the hallway closet? Yes you can give gifts to your family and friends, but you can also make a difference for millions around the world.  Consider buying a water bottle, a goat, a chicken or so much more.  Consider a gift that will allow a village to have clean drinking water, a family to have food to eat, a child to have bed to sleep on. Consider clicking here and making a purchase that will change a life and make an impact on the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends