Happy Birthday ... To Me!

My birthday weekend started out great, Facebook Places came to my Blackberry Storm on Thursday night, then my boss purchased pizza for the office and announced that we would be getting massages next Friday, then it was off to the Bradley Lodge.  Although some people don't think you should be staining the lodge and shampooing the carpet on your birthday I didn't mind at all.  Saturday my parents had some friends up to the lodge for lunch and dinner, then we celebrated my birthday in style with some great wine, salmon and for dessert a cake (and cupcakes) topped with Reese's Pieces from Sam's Club, accompanied by two gifts.  First up Weird California, which features almost everything weird in California, including San Luis Obispo's famous "Bubble Gum Alley." If you know how I choose hotels for business trips, then you will appreciated gift number two, a flip waffle maker ... it's amazing and now I might have to cook breakfast more often, just because it's fun. As we headed home we stopped by Indian Rock Vineyards in Murphys, not only did they have some great wine, but also a pond stocked with huge trout, that made for a beautiful picnic backdrop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends