Social Drinking

Social media has an interesting common thread ... drinking.

On Tuesday I headed to Downtown Sacramento's DeVere's Irish Pub to meet with people I mostly know via Facebook and Twitter with the Sacramento Social Media Club. It is always great to talk to these online friends in person, enjoy some great food and, of course, have a pint of great beer. Another upside to these social events, the raffle. I won a Sacramento Zoo family fun pack that included tickets to the zoo, a nice reusable bag and a small, plush lion.

On Thursday I took part in my first social media chat. This particular chat was for Fresh&Easy, a chain of grocery stores making their way into the Sacramento region starting in March. Their PR team provided me with three bottles of wine to sample and as I tasted them I needed to tweet what I tasted and thought. It was very simple, the wines were all good and I cannot wait to check out the new Rocklin store when it opens in about a month. Although I enjoyed each of the three wines, I particularly liked the Chocolate Shop Red Wine. I'm normally not a huge dessert wine fan, but this wine, paired with some chocolate were fantastic.

*Wine was provided for me to enjoy at no cost by Fresh & Easy. Opinions expressed are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends