Cinque Terre and Florence, Italy

This was a partial exception to what I mentioned in my post from Cannes and the Villages of Provence. We had been to Florence before and my mom did go there, while my dad and I ventured a little further north, past Pisa, mountains made of marble and over to the five seaside towns, collectively known as Cinque Terre. Although devastated by landslides in October 2011, these primarily one street towns with no vehicle traffic have all bounced back and are thriving. I loved the colorful buildings, pizza and beer made for a good lunch and the boat ride between each of the cities was fun with 5-foot waves making it a little more challenging to get on and off at our stops.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends