Peanut Butter, Ice Cream and Pizza

After flying back from Austin, I knew it was time to head to the gym, Bayside's new North Campus in Rocklin and to visit Fresh & Easy one last time before it closed. Visiting the store was sad, the shelves were nearly bare, but the staff still had a smile. Yes, I got some good deals on what was left, especially on Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter and a few Weight Watchers ice cream cones, but some of my favorite things were gone. The wine, the beer, the ready to cook meals, the pancake mix and the giant chocolate bars.


There was also time to connect with friends after being gone for a few weeks. I used a Living Social at Leatherby's for some of the best ice cream in the region (Farrell's is good too, but it's very loud, Leatherby's is better if you want to actually talk to the people you're eating with). Ice cream, especially when it involves a peanut butter sauce, for dinner and french fries for dessert might be a new favorite, if it didn't involve so many calories. On Wednesday I was then forced to celebrate National Cheeseburger Day with a Double Double from In-N-Out.

To wrap up the week, I enjoyed a Chicago Style stuffed pizza from Papa Murphy's with my parents on Friday before taking them to the airport early Saturday morning. For dinner I headed to BJ's Brewery for their 2 for $20 deal ... choice of salad (I went with the wedge), pizza (1/2 buffalo chicken and 1/2 chicken, bacon, ranch) and a pizookie (1/2 chocolate chip, 1/2 peanut butter). It's a good thing I ran the equivalent of a marathon and went to the gym a few times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends