Easter, Bayside Blue Oaks, and Patio Dining


The last few weeks have been busy with church, work, and, of course, food ... the main change, I've been doing more of the cooking. In three days I went to four church services for Easter at Bayside (Good Friday, Easter Friday Service, Easter Saturday Night Service with group fresh back from Mexicali, and Easter Sunday at William Jessup University). After the Easter Sunday Service, I decided to try to cafeteria at WJU ... amazing and not your typical school cafeteria. Crossroads Cafe is run by the same team that runs the Google staff cafeteria in Mountain View, items are prepared fresh with local ingredients, and super tasty. I would definitely recommend it and I want to try it for dinner sometime. I was also fortunate to attend the Mexicali Flashback Night, after going 10 years while I was in elementary school, high school, and college, it's so fun to hear stories from others who are still going down, changing lives, and learning more about themselves too (see video below).

The Sacramento Republic FC played their first home game ... like always they're amazing ... and they #BeatLA. Was really cool to see the newly expanded stadium and I love the view from our new seats, a little higher than where they used to be gives a great vantage point and there are stairs, no more walking up the bleachers or stepping on hands, jackets, etc.


The Bayside Blue Oaks Campus also officially opened and it's spectacular. Inside a warehouse, it's huge and includes an indoor play-structure, grass with large tree (think Disney's Animal Kingdom), coffee shop, and plenty of space for worship, children's ministry, and more.

Beyond church, I also cooked at my house a few days including salmon and tri-tip (moving away from my chicken only cooking), plus roasted vegetables, and wine out of my patio.
Photos for those with iPads.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends