Whirlwind Weekend

It was a weekend filled with food, sports, and lots of driving. Friday I headed with my parents to San Francisco for lunch, exploring San Francisco, getting work done, all before heading to AT&T Park for a Giants game. It was my first time experiencing "Club Level" at AT&T Park, I'm not sure I can go back to anything less now ... a small Giants Museum, indoor seating while you eat, or staff to bring your food do you (I had the crab sandwich with a glass of wine, along with garlic fries), and great seats (compared to the nosebleeds that I'm used to). Although they lost, it was still a great experience and who knows, maybe I'll be back for another game this year or next year.

On Saturday we headed to the California Academy of Sciences. I had never been, so my goal was to see Claude the albino alligator, however he was on vacation, so I'll have to go back. We did really enjoy the rest of the museum though, with its whale exhibit that was fascinating, earthquake simulator (eerie since it was the anniversary of the 1906 SF Earthquake), the living roof was cool and had good views of San Francisco/Golden Gate Park, plus we walked through the rainforest biosphere, and headed downstairs to the Steinhart Aquarium.

After the museum we headed back to Sacramento, stopped at Red Robin for lunch, and then my dad and I headed to the Sacramento Republic FC game. Thankfully they fared better than the Giants the day before, and won with three spectacular goals to take first place in their division. Sunday was a little more relaxing, with church at the new Bayside Blue Oaks Campus, lunch at Lucille's, and some much needed TV viewing.
Photos for those with iPads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends