Rafting the Middle Fork of the American River with WET River Trips

After seeing pictures from my river rafting trip a few weeks ago on the Lower Fork of the American River with WET River Trips, my aunt decided she had to go when she was in California. With a hearty dinner at Roseville's Yard House Tuesday night we headed out on the Middle Fork of the American River this morning.

After a 45 minute drive from Auburn we made it to the starting point of our ride, just past one of the only floating islands in the world. Our boat included my aunt, her two daughters, a French exchange student that was staying with them and a couple from Reno. We started with the Tunnel Chute Rapid, it was crazy, you can see pictures here by Hotshot Images. The rest of the day was slightly calmer, although there were still some fun class three and four rapids, even one part where we got out and walked, while watching our guide go down a waterfall. It was another great day with WET and it was good to be wet, since it was 105 degrees in Sacramento today.

Hoping to make this an annual tradition with my family (maybe I will try to North Fork on my own) and pretty sure I will be staying loyal to WET after watching other guides whose boats flipped or bounced guests out, ours was a fun, yet safe, ride.

Once again, these are all pictures I purchased, so you get to see them all, no editing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends