Eating with Friends and National "Holidays"

Since getting back from Texas I have had the need to cook a lot for myself (8+ days of eating out in a row will do that I guess) and hang out with friends, while also making sure to celebrate some uniquely American "holidays."

I started off by cooking a few tilapia filets, which made for excellent fish tacos (an artichoke I cooked was also delicious), then while at Bayside over the weekend I had tacos from Zocalo ... all tacos were excellent.

I met a friend at the Loomis Basin Brewing Company for a beer and dinner (El Matador, a food truck, catered). The burrito, nachos and beer were all excellent, it was my first time to the brewery (most of Loomis was there) and my first time trying food from El Matador. I will be back for sure.

There were also two holidays ... National Ice Cream Sandwich Day, spurred a visit to SaveMart for Skinny Cow's Cookies 'n Cream ice cream sandwiches, while National Root Beer Float Day meant a visit to A&W Resturant. Both worth the drive and the celebration.

Finally I had a few friends over for dinner last night. We BBQ'd chicken (evidently a new past time of mine since I got the new grill), asparagus, prepared a salad with fresh tomatoes from my garden, talked a lot and finished the night off with fresh cookies and ice cream sundaes.

The food and friends have been great ... and so have the workouts. I've been running at least 6.3 miles a day (Sunday I ran 7.1 - granted I immediately followed up the run with a Berry Sundae from Costco) and have even gone to the gym a few times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends