A Chamber Event with Friends

One of the things I really enjoy about my line of work in public relations is the variety of clients that I work with and the fact that many clients become friends over time.  Monday afternoon through Tuesday morning a co-worker and I got to hang out at The Meritage Resort and Spa in Napa to meet people at the Napa Chamber of Commerce Business Expo and at an afterglow that was hosted by The Meritage in their underground Estate Cave.

After an hour and twenty minute drive from Roseville we arrived at The Meritage where we were greeted by a front desk person (Evan) that remembered my name (I've only been there two other times) and we were checked into our pool and vineyard view rooms. Once in my room I worked for a few minutes, while also taking a few pictures of the room (and the view).  Some of the perks of staying at The Meritage ... a bottle of wine from Trinitas Cellars is included in the cost of the room, I got an Old Vine Zinfandel, soaps and lotions that have fancy names, gorgeous views and a beautiful, comfortable room.

Next we headed down to the trade show in what is the largest ball room north of San Francisco and west of Sacramento. We loved meeting many of the vendors, eating some of the food offered by the restaurants and getting in touch with the editor of Napa Patch (an online news site) and the people who are planning the Napa Valley Film Festival.  As the event was wrapping up it was off to the one and only Estate Cave.  The cave is home to Spa Terra, the Trinitas Cellars Tasting Room and the Entertainment Cave.  Every guest was treated to fantastic Trinitas wines, cheese and antipasto platters.

To top off our evening we ate a few pizzas at The Meritage Bar, while finishing off a few bottles of wine that were left over from the event, just one of the perks of being able to dine with the Director of Operations for Trinitas.

This morning we met with our main contact at The Meritage to discuss the event and some upcoming projects, including their expansion project, and then headed to Downtown Napa.  It was my first time seeing some of the ART ON F1RST exhibits, which are all really cool. On our way out of town we made one last stop at the Napa Valley Destination Council so I could drop off a DVD and then it was back to Roseville.

All in all, a great trip, except for the massive crack in my windshield.  I'm hoping that gets fixed on Wednesday. Also on Wednesday, just to prove that I have a "variety" of clients, I'll be at Specialized Parts Planet in Rancho Cordova.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends