St. Patrick's Day 2011

For all intents and purposes I think that for most St. Patrick's Day is the "Hallmark Holiday" for bars, but I'm okay with that. This year, my St. Patrick's Day was quite eventful.  I actually cooked up my corned beef on Sunday (after reading that you have to cook it for one hour per pound, I wasn't willing to cook it after work and have dinner around 9 or 10).

On Thursday, I woke up early, went to the gym and then headed off to meet some co-workers at Brew it Up! (potential client) in Sacramento.  We enjoyed some great Irish beers (including a green one); hung out with Mark S. Allen from Good Day Sacramento (see all clips from "Kegs & Eggs") and the people from Now 100.5; and of course ate a great breakfast.  The breakfast consisted of eggs, an Irish (English) muffin and corned beef hash. A co-worker and I also had a great desert ... an Irish Car Bomb.

After getting back to the office and working for a few hours we were treated to a fabulous lunch with all the "traditional" fixings.  Corned beef, cabbage, carrots and potatoes, potato soup and Irish break (aka French bread from Costco).  We then had what I will call the Irish version of a root beer float, it was very tasty.  After our successful pumpkin decorating contest in October we had a potato decorating contest. "Luckily" everyone was a winner - just one of the many perks of working at AugustineIdeas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends