First Blush at The Meritage Resort and Rafting with WET River Trips

It was a busy week, followed by a very fun weekend. I did lots of work, headed up to Thunder Valley for lunch at Fat Burger and even attended a networking mixer with the staff of the Sacramento Business Journal at The Red Rabbit Kitchen & Bar. On Friday I had a cup of wine (very fancy) at a friend's office before heading to OMG Yogurt for froyo and, most importantly, its candy toppings.

On Saturday I headed to Napa and The Meritage Resort and Spa for the inaugural First Blush event. With 89 California wineries submitting their best Rosé wines I was able to taste many of the best wines offered in the state. I met with reporters, guests and even some friends that made the trip from Sacramento. Along with the wine there was food from the chefs at The Meritage Resort and Silvarado Cooking School, plus cupcakes from Sift to celebrate a birthday. As I was driving home my parents decided to meet me in Roseville for dinner at El Azteca and came to my house to deliver a new patio table I had ordered through HomeDepot.com. They took my old patio table back to their house (it matches one of theirs) in order to host more people, more comfortably during the many events and gatherings at Camp Bradley.

Sunday my roommate and I decided to have fun. We went with WET River Trips down the Middle Fork of the American River. The 17-mile trip, was my second time down that stretch and my third trip with WET. With the tunnel shoot near the beginning and a series of class four rapids right after lunch, the river offers some challenging parts that are a lot of fun and I'm always glad to have a guide with me that knows the river better than the back of his hand (Jeff, you're amazing). If you want to go rafting, I cannot recommend WET more highly (and you should probably invite me).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends