4th of July Week at the Bradley Lodge

Having my own business has its benefits and last week was a big one. I was able to spend an entire week at the Bradley Lodge with my mom, dad, grandma and brother's family. Last year I would have had to leave after the weekend, but this year I was able to work (via WiFi, Google+ Hangouts and my cell phone) and play.

My 4th of July week started out with a coupon trip to A&W/KFC where I had a hamburger, root beer float and polar swirl for about $2. Next up it was off to P.F. Chang's for lunch. Then on the 5th of July my trip to the Bradley Lodge began after a quick stop at Fresh & Easy for wine, meat to BBQ and a few other groceries. My mom and I stopped in Lodi to pick up carnitas (and lunch) at our favorite Mexican market before picking up my grandma and making our way up the mountain.

Once at the Lodge, I worked in the mornings, afternoons and evenings, but did find time to go to the pool everyday to watch my nephews with their swim lessons and to chauffeur my niece (her brothers wanted to stay at the pool and she wanted to sleep).

We also went to Ironstone for what has become a community and family tradition ... wine, food, fireworks and the Shane Dwight (who played at my brother's wedding).

We wrapped up the week with one of my cousins bringing her kids up to the Lodge for some fun in the mountains, playing horseshoes and, while we were cleaning, she helped take all of the kids to Beaver Creek. It allowed the kids to have fun and us to get everything clean and ready for a set of renters coming in later in the week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends