Visiting with Family and Taking a Trip to the Farm

The family converged on Lodi for a mini reunion on Saturday and Sunday. My dad's brother and his wife from Georgia are in California for two weeks traveling around with my parents. Last week they were at a house in Jenner and then on the beach in Capitola, this week they are at the Bradley Lodge. Knowing this, we all met in Lodi at my grandma's for an amazing time of talking, hanging out with the kids and being together to celebrate my parents 40th wedding anniversary (side note: My parent's celebrated their 40th anniversary in Napa a few weeks ago too. They stayed at The Meritage, enjoyed dinner at Siena and my brother and I gave them the gift of a couples massage at Spa Terra. They also spent a night at The Napa River Inn). We got a picture of three generations of brothers, ate some tri-tip and of course had my semi-famous brownies and my sister-in-law made some tasty red-velvet cake.  On Sunday, my grandma, brother's family and I all headed to Phillips Farm (also home of Michael David Winery - think Seven Deadly Zins), to check out their pumpkin patch. Although it wasn't 100 percent open yet, we walked through their corn maze, took pictures on an old tractor, chased the ducks and picked out some pumpkins. Everyone had a great time and enjoyed the sunshine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends