Excercise, Food, Food, Exercise, Food

I'm often asked how I can eat so much. First, I have a pretty good metabolism. Second, and most importantly, I exercise everyday. Third, when I'm at my house, I eat pretty healthy foods.

This week was no exception. I started off on Monday by going to the gym, Tuesday I went for a run. Then plans changed a little. I got a phone call asking if I could be in Napa Tuesday evening for a Wednesday morning video shoot. I went home, packed, went to the Placer Business Tweetup at La Provence, then was off to The Meritage Resort and Spa. It's not a secret what my first item of business was when I arrived (after checking in) .... order the Boudin (flourless chocolate cake).

Wednesday morning started off early (5:30 a.m.) with some client work, then a quick breakfast sandwich at Blend and into the Estate Cave for a video shoot in Spa Terra. Video shoots are always fun and Spa Terra makes for a beautiful backdrop, 12 treatment rooms, a serenity lounge, saunas, spas and more in a 22,000 square foot cave. It started off easy enough ... I played boom operator. It then changed a little when the videographer decided he wanted a "happy couple" in addition to the two female models that were already there. So a friend of mine from the marketing team and I became the happy couple, enjoying time in the serenity lounge and then getting a massage. The massage and body scrub I got were great, but a three minute massage and a two minute body scrub aren't quite the standard 50+ minute treatment. I will take what I can get though.

After the video was shot, it was back into my "office away from my office," some meetings, a tour of the Vintner's Suite (more on the reason for that tour in a few weeks hopefully) and a surprise, friends from the Napa Valley Destination Council invited me to bowl with them at Crush Ultra Lounge. It was great to be invited and I enjoyed hanging out with some of the people who I email with regularly, but have only met one or two times in person. Lucky for me, I could extend my reservation and would just have to wear the same shirt and pants the next day.

That said, I ate some incredible food during my entire stay. A Turkey and Brie Panini, Crush Salad, Ahi Wantons, Mac & Cheese and Bananas Foster Stuffed Brioche French Toast.

After only being able to work out for about 20 minutes on Thursday morning in my favorite "hotel gym" I headed back to my gym in Roseville for a long workout. Cardio, weight lifting and abs were all covered. In a spirit of continuing not to cook, my next stop was The Fountains at Roseville for a Food Truck Round-Up. For $5 I got a taco and a mulita (similar to a small quesidilla with corn tortillas from Chandos Tacos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends