From Napa to the Transfer Station

It was another weekend of opposites. On Friday I headed to the beautiful Meritage Resort and Spa for a photo shoot with a FIAT and by Saturday morning I was in Lodi at the Waste Management Transfer Station.

Friday's photo shoot was fun (especially with some wine from the weekly guest wine tasting in the courtyard), they took pictures on a back road of the resort and then at the main entrance to the Estate Cave that houses Spa Terra and the Trinitas Cellars Tasting Room. When the photo shoot ended, I checked into my brand new room and met another reporter who was staying at the resort for dessert as she was finishing dinner at Siena. I had my favorite dessert, flourless chocolate cake (Budino), while she enjoyed Lemon Panna Cotta. As we finished dinner the writer who was part of the Fiat photo shoot arrived and we walked over to Crush Ultra Lounge, where he and I could have dinner, and I could show off the lounge to the writer and a friend who was with me. As the resident menu expert, I was asked for recommendations and no one was disappointed. The Crush Burger with fries, mac & cheese, Reuben and cracker jacks.

On Saturday I left early (6:30 a.m.) and took a breakfast wrap from Blend with me in the car. When I got to my parent's house we headed to Lodi where we unloaded the fence at the Transfer Station. We then dropped my grandma off at her house and did some chores before heading to Woodbridge Crossing for lunch. Once back in Sacramento my dad and I finished building the fence and all that has to be done now is paint.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends