Wine Blending and Pizza

I had the opportunity to be at The Meritage Resort and Spa again this week. With their marketing manager out on her honeymoon I was invited to assist with a tour being given by their sales team to meeting planners from throughout Northern California. The tour gave me some new opportunities ... I got to participate in my first wine blending, think science meets wine (my Meritage blend of up to five Bordeaux wines took second place out of 10 teams). I also got a spectacular lunch comprised of Crab Louie, Short Ribs with Jumbo Prawns and Lava Cake (not quite my favorite Boudin, but very close). Beyond the sales event, I also did some work and, of course, ate more food, trying Blend Cafe's Beignets and took a reporter out to lunch at Crush Ultra Lounge. She enjoyed the Crush Burger, while I stuck with the Ruben after trying the very tasty Po' Boy the night before.

Once back at home, I ran more and ate pizza twice. Once at BJ's Brewery for Happy Hour and tonight from Papa Murphy's. I had half of a family size Chicken Bacon Artichoke deLITE, I'm pretty sure that after half it's not so "lite."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends