Hollywood

After a quick flight from Sacramento to Burbank (my favorite airport, since you get on and off the plane with stairs and not a jet way) I was off to meetings in the Los Angeles area, my Chevy HHR got a workout driving over 200 miles in less than 48 hours through traffic on both freeways and surface streets, including Rodeo Road (unfortunately it was not the more glamorous Rodeo Drive). The trip was a great opportunity to meet with some awesome groups (one was even featured on Good Morning America on Wednesday) that I have only gotten to speak with on the phone in the past and, while staying in Hollywood, I got to see some of the Hollywood Blvd sites. I saw El Capitan, right next door to where the Jimmy Kimmel Show is filmed, the Grauman's Chinese Theater with all of the hand prints in the cement, took a picture of the Hollywood sign and walked on some of the stars on the sidewalk. Unfortunately I was a few hours too late to see the taping of American Idol at the Kodak Theater. After a quick sight seeing walk, I went to the Hollywood & Highland Center and looked at the different restaurants, I decided on uWink, since it looked like a fun concept. You sit at a table with an interactive (touch screen) monitor that allows you to order your food and beverages and then play games while you wait with others at your table or with other people in the restaurant. It was pretty fun; I even got one of the high scores in a geography quiz, similar to “Who Wants to be a Millionaire.” After all the sightseeing in the big city, I also had a chance to look at the beautiful Pacific Ocean from a few parks around San Pedro, one with a “Friendship Bell” and another with a historic lighthouse, so that was also a nice break between meetings and a good chance to look at the massive Port of Los Angeles (where cruise ships go in and out of), although there were lots of signs for an aquarium, I never found it and probably wouldn’t have time to go in, maybe next time. After all of the meetings, one night of being able to check out the sites and missing my company win 11 awards at the Cappies, it was back to the airport and to Sacramento. Now I’m off to the Bradley Lodge, time to rip out some carpet and put down wood floors in one of the hallways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Sea Scrolls at Bayside

Snow at Fort Bradley

Celebrating Peanut Butter and Pancake Days, Skiing and Friends